- To acquire basic knowledge& skills in Medicine and its effective application with a compassionate attitude during clinical practice to function effectively as the first contact physician in society.
As a Medicine graduate (MBBS), he/she…
- Should be able to diagnose common clinical disorders related to various body systems, infectious diseases, hematological disorders, and nutritional disorders, tropical and environmental diseases.
- Should have knowledge about types of management available for a variety of ailments commonly seen in society and should be able to offer basic clinical management to the patient. He/she should know the basic drug therapeutics, their indications and contraindications, dosages, types of drug delivery techniques, common side effects, toxicity, and drug interactions.
- Should be able to propose appropriate diagnostic and investigative procedures and when done should be able to interpret them.
- Should be able to provide first-level management to all acute emergency cases promptly and efficiently and also should be able to judge the severity of the illness and need for the early referral to higher center.
- Should be able to diagnose geriatric health issues and their management.
- Should cultivate proper behavioural skills and humanitarian approach while communicating with patients, relatives, society at large & the co- professionals.
Goal and objectives in Medicine (MD) PG
The goal is to acquire basic as well as advanced knowledge in medicine to diagnose and treat common medical illnesses and also complicated, multi-system clinical conditions. He /she should have sufficient knowledge of advances in various sub-specialties of medicine and newer technologies available to accurately diagnose various diseases. He/ she should be able to manage all medical emergencies efficiently and should develop an inclination towards newer research and should be able to carry out the same.
Objectives: As a Medicine Post Graduate, he/she ….
- Should be able to diagnose & treat common & rare clinical disorders related to various body systems, infectious diseases, hematological disorders, nutritional disorders, tropical, immunological and environmental diseases
- Should be able to diagnose, evaluate, and treat complicated multi-system clinical conditions.
- Should know common and newer advances in drug therapeutics , their indications , contraindications , antidotes , side effects , dosages , adjusting dosages in various diseases , toxicity , drug interactions and various drug delivery systems .
- Should be able to carry out appropriate diagnostic and investigative procedures and should be able to interpret them and prescribe proper treatment. He/She should have updated knowledge about advances in diagnostic & therapeutics in Medicine.
- Should be able to carry out various routine & emergency medical procedures eg. Lumbar Puncture , Pleural Tapping , Insertions of various lines , intubation , ventilation efficiently
- Should be able to diagnose & provide efficient management of acute emergencies promptly
- Should be able to diagnose & manage geriatric disorders.
- Should be able to carry out clinical research, analyse the data & publish research in Medical Journals.
- Should have knowledge, behavioural skills and humanitarian approach while communicating with the patients, relatives, society at large & the co- professionals.