To create awareness among the UG students about the subject, Anaesthesiology, CPR & Intubation.
At the end of the training, the students should be able to:
1. Perform cardio-pulmonary resuscitation with the available resources and transfer patients to a bigger hospital for advanced life support.
2. Set up intravenous infusion.
3. Clear and maintain airway in an unconscious patient.
4. Administer oxygen correctly.
5. Perform simple nerve block.
6. Exhibit awareness of the principles of administration of general and local anesthesia.
The goal of MD course in Anesthesia is to produce a knowledgeable and skillful anesthesiologist who:
- Is competent to anesthetize all categories of patients from ASA-I to V with medical problems for every type of elective and emergency surgery.
- Should be able to diagnose and treat acute and chronic pain conditions.
- Should be competent to manage critically ill patients in emergency and ICU requiring routine to advanced monitoring, mechanical ventilation and other interventions.
- Should be aware of the recent advances and developments in medical sciences as related to anesthesia, analgesia and critical care.
- Should be oriented to principles of research methodology; and
- Is competent to teach acquired skills to medical and paramedical professionals.
Department of anaesthesia makes sure that the candidate develops in all fronts I.e. cognitive, affective and psychomotor domain as it is important for anaesthesiologist to work as member/ team leader in various clinical and critical situations in OR and outside OR. Candidate should be able to demonstrate following at the end of training.
- Demonstrate familiarity with diagnostic skills and laboratory procedures relevant to the diagnosis and evaluation of patients under Her / His care.
- Critically evaluate recent medical literature from journals, reference books monographs update knowledge and adapt therapeutic procedures based on this appraisal.
- Manage administration of anesthesia to patients of all grades of ASA risk grading and all types of surgical subspecialties both for elective and emergency procedures.
- Demonstrate aptitude and will to remain clear headed and act correctly when faced with critical incidence in the operating room and critical care units.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of ethics and medico legal aspects related to the practice of anesthesiology and critical care.
- To work in a team and show leadership qualities in dealing with paramedics.