Dr. Sonawane Ravindra Sahebrao (M.D. Paediatrics)
- Department of Pediatrics was established in 1990. This is one of the largest centre with well-equipped 21 bedded NICU where high risk newborns are taken care with minimal cost with less mortality and morbidity.
- Over the years, the department has grown to take care of all complicated childhood illness in the community and quality child care is available at affordable cost.
- We are conducting outreach programs and school health programs regularly to identify preventable diseases at earlier stages of life.
- Our out-patient strength is around 100-120 per day. Our department has a 90 bedded pediatric ward with 6 bedded PICU. WE HAVE 7 VENTILATORS [MACQUET], CPAP MACHINES, DEFIBRILLATOR, TRANSPORT INCUBATORS. We have transient NICU and KANGAROO MOTHER CARE facility.
- All vaccines of National Immunization Program are freely available. Vaccine like hepatitis A, pneumococcal vaccines, varicella typhoid are provided at much lower rates than outsides institutes
- Vaccination programmes help to overcome this burden of preventable diseases.
- The aim is to provide good quality services at a lower cost. We have speciality OPD like pediatric asthma, pediatric cardiology, thalassemia, diarrhea, neurology, high risk newborn, endocrinology, nephrology and well-baby clinic. Since 2011, we are running postgraduate course affiliated to MUHS and recognized by MCI. At present, we are catering to 3 postgraduate students for MD Pediatrics course. Our alumni PG students are doing exceptionally well professionally and on the academic front.