Dr. Sunil Govind Gupte (M.D. Psychiatry)
- Department of Psychiatry imparts knowledge, skills and attitude in UG students with the aim that they should have good perspective about mental health, common mental and behavioral problems and the management in the Indian setting.
- The PG students are trained with the aim that they should be able to work as competent psychiatrists with sense of social responsibility and human touch at the end of their training.
- Department conducts didactic lectures, seminars, case discussion, encourage access to E resources and self-directed learning for UG and PG students as per MCI guidelines. Department promotes research activities among students and teachers.
- Department caters OPD and IPD facilities with full investigational facilities. Biological, pharmacological and psychotherapeutic treatments are offered as per indications and latest guidelines. The department runs following specialty clinics – Neuro-Psychiatry, Elderly, Memory, Child guidance, De-addiction and Family counselling. All these facilities are available to the patients free of charge.
- The PG Resident routinely posted in RHC /UHC under the department of community Medicine as part of community psychiatry posting. The department participates in diagnostic camps and activities of National mental Health program under District Mental Health Programme, Nashik(DMHP) organized by Institute, Civil Hospital Nashik and Government of Maharashtra. The department conducts activities during World Mental Health Week (10th October).
- The faculty participates in lectures, seminars and workshops organized by other educational institutions and organizations for the promotion of mental health.
- The Department is committed to the broad aim of social upliftment through patient care, dissemination of scientific information, removal of stigma associated with mental and behavioral disorders and advocacy.